|June 23, 2013||#1|
Blog Entries: 3
Why do people like yandere girls so much?
So, I have a small question that's been bothering me for a while now. I'm not big on anime, I only watch to enjoy a good story, since I'm no fan of reading. Now, one of the things that got my attention, and got on my nerves lately, was the fact that people seem to idolize yandere girls.
Now, I personally am not a big fan of yandere. Out of all the yandere I've seen, I can say I only enjoyed Rolo Lamperouge and Ryoko Asakura, because they were portrayed really well, even when showing their dangerous side. But, people on pretty much every anime community I'm following (including AU) seem to think that all yandere girls are amazing.
Now, my reasons of not liking yandere girls are simple:
- They are dangerous. I do not understand why people would want to have a person that is ready to stab you at any moment next to them. I would like a sound counter argument to make me understand why people like this.
- Most of them are creepy and/or annoying. Related to the previous statement, the fact that the characters are dangerous makes them a little awkward to hang around with, and the situations only range from creepy character who plots behind to annoying b*tch. Best example (for me): Ayase from OreImo.
- Most, if not all of them, seem to have serious mental health issues. The reasoning is simple to this, in no society is acceptable to carry a knife with you. Or handcuffs in the house (Ayase).
- The switch between sweet and diabolic makes them bad characters. I love characters with multiple personalities, but if that's what the yandere are trying to portray, none of them are doing a good job with it. The character switch is too sudden, it is always good and evil, and brings nothing interesting to make me personally like either side, since both seem to be neglected because of the other.
- They act like overly-attached girlfirends all the time. And that's creepier than having a stalker follow you around all the time. For whoever thinks this makes them more attractive, I think this only poses a wall in front of you, that slowly closes in on you and turns into a cage of no escape. The price: your freedom. Personally, I like my freedom far more than I will ever like a girl, and that's why I think I will never be able to like an yandere, since they all seem to put a wall in front of you and refuse you some freedoms you truly are rightful of.
Now that I stated my arguments, I would like, if you would be kind enough, to try your best to counter them with logical and sound arguments, so that I will be able to understand what makes yandere such wonderful and interesting characters that they deserve to be loved on such a wide scale.
Thank you very much!
|The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:|| |
Chigo (June 23, 2013)
|June 23, 2013||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Thanked 6,369 Times in 5,196 Posts
Well, I have liking towards crazy characters, so I kinda like Yandere because of that. I like those extreme Yandere that go berserk and kill people, and I don't really care about those less dangerous ones xD
Also, I like all that innocent on the outside, psycho on the inside stuff :D
|June 23, 2013||#4|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lithuania/United Kingdom
Blog Entries: 145
Thanked 4,973 Times in 3,210 Posts
TL;DR (for now)
I simply love yandere's because they are not mainstream. You don't get to see them often, not even talking that such characters do not exist in the real world. Well you say they do, but we call them crazy maniacs who have some mental issues.
It gets boring every time seeing a tsundere, loli or badass girls. We need bigger variety and here comes yandere girls who are rare species but they make the anime so much better. The bring some thrill into the show. I am more into darker themed anime's, so yeah gore and blood stuff are needed to me and this is what yandere's bring.
|June 23, 2013||#5|
Join Date: Feb 2013
Blog Entries: 6
Thanked 114 Times in 89 Posts
i like them. i am fascinated by them. i enjoy the darkness and blood they bring to the anime, and the thrill that goes up my spine when they go psycho.
also, i dont know which society you're talking of where carrying a knife isnt acceptable, but, where i live, it is normal: pocket knives, swiss army knives, combat knives... there's a long list.
Last edited by Leprechaun99; June 23, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
|June 23, 2013||#6|
Cause I'll yandere right back at them...Perfect Couple Forever...rofl...
|June 23, 2013||#7|
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: IL, US
Thanked 72 Times in 56 Posts
don't like yandere, but Ayase isn't so bad, go watch school days and then bi*** about yandere
|June 23, 2013||#8|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Thanked 107 Times in 100 Posts
Who said I like them?? I don't ^^ , though the only Yandere I saw was gasai yuno :/ so I got no right to talk about it :)
|June 24, 2013||#9|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Yandere's are like Ferrero Rochers to some...
Sweet and little bumpy on the outside, Smooth "Fillings", but you know for sure there is a Nut in the core...
Hell would I know... People liking Yandere Ferrero Rocher to Kuudere Fazer Marianne Chocolate Filled Mints or even Tsundere Cadbury Eclairs its really just their Mental buds.
Oreimo's Ayase is definately not a Yandere, Kuudere/Tsundere perhaps... but definitely not Yandere.
The voice of Yandere is stronger because it is not something one could find in real life, same reason why most boys achieve Grade 8 Syndrome or why the hell truffles are fungal golds.
|June 25, 2013||#10|
Join Date: Dec 2011
Blog Entries: 35
Thanked 1,490 Times in 1,011 Posts
I don't really think anyone would like to handle yandere IRL.
It's just an anime fan craze cause y'know. It's anime.
Yandere can love like no one else can.
Depends on the yandere's character whether their love would be worth more than a hundred (exaggeration, maybe just 10 or 12 = P)
Some yandere would kill the one they love so they could keep them for themselves but some just couldn't do it so they would just kill those who go after the one they love.
Ayase's yandere-ism is mostly just for fun either = P
Anyhow, it's lovable.
Anime-wise. It's too much pressure IRL.